I had a meeting last night for Caroline's preschool Harvest Moon Festival. It was held at a beautiful home on a quiet country road. I left the meeting around ten o'clock and immediately was forced into another meeting...with a deer! I have to say, my mood soured from there. It was still foul when I woke up this morning and was dealing with the insurance claim, car rental company, and the sheer ligistics of the whole mess. I am starting to see things in a better light, so I am going to focus on the good things that arose from this situation:
1. My passenger, my dear friend Teri, was not injured.
2. I am still in one piece
3. When I called my husband to tell him about the car, his first question was about me and not our minivan...I don't give him enough credit sometimes!
4. We have insurance and it will cover this (after paying the deductible).
5. My children weren't in the car with me.
6. The insurance company and car rental company are being very easy, helpful, and accommodating.
7. I have lots of neighbors and friends who have offered to babysit while I run errands, lend me their vehicles, and listen to me vent. I am blessed with a lot of people who take very good care of me and I think events like this are really good reminders of that.
I am not thrilled with having to fork out money right now for a deductible and I don't really like my routine being rearranged, but when all is said and done, this is no big deal.